The Virginia Track Coaches Association's mission is to provide opportunities for High School Track and Field Coaches and athletes in the state of Virginia. Our organization's current goal is to work with the Virginia High School
League in areas of coaching education. Future goals will include Coaching Certification, Rules Clinics, recognition opportunities for coaches and athletes, and opportunities for increased participation in Track and Field for athletes.
Our purpose and principles are:
- To provide an organization that represents the interests of high school coaches of Cross Country and Track & Field.
- To promote and foster Cross Country and Track & Field as an integral part of education at the high school level.
- To develop and increase student-athlete participation in Cross Country and Track & Field.
- To promote leadership and support for coaches and their programs through coaching education and certification.
- To promote, achieve, and maintain the highest standard of outstanding achievement of coaches, student-athletes and support personnel with sportsmanship.
- To recognize and award outstanding achievement of coaches, student- athletes and support personnel.
- To undertake good public relations and communication to publicize and promote VTCA.
- To provide assistance to the body of people who make up the athletic community of Cross Country and Track & Field.